hot child in the city


Like everyone else in the world (okay, maybe only those really into figure skating), I'm incredibly excited about the Winter Olympics coming up. I've been sorting through iPhoto and came across some old photos taken on a family trip to Seattle/Vancouver way back in my high school days (ignore the shaved head; I promise it was really hot that summer in Kansas).

I have to say, my favorite thing that I saw on the trip were the Prada/toxic green bathrooms of the Seattle Public Library, which is shown below. Well, the Rem Koolhas-designed library itself was, of course, astounding.

As for Vancouver? More than anything, I remember the feeling of cleanliness that pervaded the city.. I know, it sounds lame, but there's something indescribably crisp. Also, I remember the Chinatown (supposedly one of the largest in the world) being absolutely deserted when we went there for dinner - strange?












This pictures make me miss and appreciate my trusty old film SLR, which has been broken for the past few months. I love my new digital SLR, but its photos don't produce the same vibrancy that film does. I have to admit, however, it's hella less expensive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment