P.O.D. 4,5,6



To make up for my failure to keep up with the photo project, I'm posting up a picture smorgasbord, all related to one of my favorite artists, Gaudi. First up is Parc Guell: beautiful, unusual, and tourist-filled - quintessentially Gaudi. You may recognize it from Woody Allen's "Vicky Christina Barcelona" - it figures rather prominently in the film, as does much of Gaudi's work.

Next is undoubtedly Gaudi's most famous and unfinished work, the Sagrada Familia. I don't think I can fully describe how bizarrely stunning this cathedral is; the size of it is overwhelming, but most of all, it feels so organic, like it just slowly rose out of the grand. Unfortunately, the interior is nowhere complete, so you don't get the awe-inspired feeling one gets at, say, the Notre Dame in Paris. Nonetheless, magic. And terrifying.



However, my personal favorite is the attic that Gaudi did for Casa Mila, whose roof I showed you a couple of days ago. I mean, it's the roof of an attic. Can you imagine that much attention being paid to something usually presumed to be the storing house of Victorian nightgowns and acidwash jeans? I mean, just look at those vaulted ceilings!

1 comments:

JBrendan | May 14, 2009 at 10:05 PM

i want to travel with you because you know things. smart things about amazing places.

also, that pic of you in purple is lovely. v. scott sheu.

Post a Comment