P.O.D. 9 and thoughts on the nature of blogging

Strawberries on the beach, Nice.


I was reading someone's travel blog the other day. It was interesting, full of stunning pictures, and informative - full of stories and life. So, basically, nothing like mine. For me, blogging is a task that's neither here nor there - I'm not really sure why I do it. I think I do it to keep in contact, to let people in on my life and experiences, but it feels extremely one-sided at the same time. If I don't write much, or what I do write is rather uninvolved, it's partly out of that feeling of imbalance. I mean, I don't really know who reads this blog or even if people read it, and then I also don't get the same insight into my reader's lives either. It's - to use elementary school parlance - unfair. Sometimes it seems to me that blogging is just a really narcissistic endeavor, which is a tendency that I definitely don't need to encourage.

I guess what I'm getting at is a question about how much effort I should put into blogging. At this moment, it's pretty low. I'd like to share all the experiences and stories, but if no one shares my enthusiasm, I'd much rather write in my journal. What I'm curious to see is how many people actually pay attention. So, should I continue? Anyone?

6 comments:

Marchorie | May 19, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I read this, but commenting always causes a fight, the computer never wants me to.

Jessica | May 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Heck yes! I just caught up on your posts, and I learned so many random, wonderful, Scott Sheu things. It made my night! Please continue!

Unknown | May 20, 2009 at 10:08 AM

write, ya dummy.

annabelly | May 21, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Yes. Bien sur. Je t'adore.

Unknown | May 25, 2009 at 10:36 PM

This picture can really only be appreciated when seen in a larger format. Seriously, do it, you'll thank me.

JBrendan | May 27, 2009 at 10:41 AM

do what makes your heart happy.
i like your pretty words and pictures.

Post a Comment