holla to the heartland!

Two quick things before I head out:

1) Happy Kansas Day!
To celebrate, listen to Donna Fargo's lovelorn "Manhattan, Kansas".

I'm not entirely sure if the images are very representative of the song or the town itself, but it's amusing in its own way, kind of like "I will always love you, lions". Enjoy!


2) Went to London yesterday, where I wandered around like a sodden cream puff. Lots of museums, lots of food. Details to come!

EDIT:
By the way, you should all check out Maira Kalman's pictorial narrative of the inauguration. For those unfamiliar with Kalman, she's an artist who illustrated the Strunk and White's Elements of Style and often does covers for the New Yorker. She's also the author of some pretty stellar books, including the Max series and one of my favorite books, The Principles of Uncertainty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment