Waaaarrrrrriiiorsss, come out to pla-ay!

I'm back in Lawrence one last time, but that's besides the point. What I'm really interested in is a '70s movie called "The Warriors". My friend Tyler introduced me to this "cult classic" and needless to say, I am completely hooked.



Here's a synopsis from IMDB:
"A gang called The Warriors are framed for killing a gang leader trying to unite all the gangs in the area. With other gangs gunning for them they must get back to the home turf of Coney Island... Alive."

And the trailer:



I liked spotting all the NYC locales (CONEEEEY), but what's really amazing to see are the different gangs and their colours, all of which are over-the-top amazing. I would (MAYBE!) join a gang to have an excuse to wear some of these things. Okay, not really.

Tyler's favorite gang is the Baseball Furies who are CREEPY as hell.

Mine?

I'm in love with the dudes with the sparkly, purple vests or the mimes in black-and-red striped shirts and top hats (sorry... couldn't find pics). I'd really love to see a NY map of each of the rival gangs' territories.


Seriously- it's amazing.

If that weren't inducement enough, here's a Lego re-enactment of one of the more famous scenes:


EDIT: Also, one of the actors has since been in "Sex and the City" and "Ratatouille"! Brilliant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment